To view the full report, click here.
To view a sample, click here.
U.S. consumer sentiment remains weak, negatively impacting the U.S. appliance manufacturing sector. Unit shipments for the core group of major appliances (washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges and ovens) were down 9.1% in July 2011 compared to the same period last year. Declines were realized in all appliance categories, with gas cooking appliances sustaining the most significant impact, down 19.1%.
The HVAC segment realized mixed performance with central air-conditioner unit shipments noting modest growth of 13% over the same period last year.
The Electroindustry Business Confidence Index (EBCI) is forecasting improved conditions for North America in the next six months as well as continued growth for the Latin American and Asia/Pacific regions. The outlook for the Latin American and Asia/Pacific regions is supported by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), which is forecasting continued strength in appliance exports to these regions.
While supplier segment performance remains mixed, the manufacturing technology and industrial robotic industries remained in growth mode with North American robot orders experiencing their strongest first-half performance since 2007. This result indicates that manufacturing line automation continues to be pivotal for cost containment and production efficiency.
Inside the August 2011 Edition:
- Unit shipment statistical analysis for year-to-date (YTD), same-time-last-year (STLY) and historical STLY trends
- Expert analysis of market conditions and an outlook for each major appliance category
- Q&A with Warwick Stirling, Global Director of Energy and Sustainability, Whirlpool Corp.
- Small appliance and outdoor power equipment category analysis
- Global market outlook and performance analysis of manufacturers -Groupe SEB, Arçelik Group, Haier Electronics Group, and Gorenje Group
- Manufacturing, retail sales, supplier materials, and consumer reports
- Update on government standards and regulatory actions and the potential market impact
- Housing market forecast and trend analysis
- Retail sales indicators and initiatives for market leaders - Sears Holdings Corp., Lowe's Companies Inc., hhgregg Inc., and Kohl's Corp.
- Calendar of upcoming industry events
For questions regarding research reports, contact Beth Berner or call 440-209-1478.